Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Repairing Arguments

The book gives us many different examples of arguments that need to be repaired or are just fine the way they are. A good example that I have chosen comes from my own personal experiences. For instance, " Not having my own car is a nusiance because I always have to rely on other people. My friends always have to give me rides when we hang out. My dad is always late when he has to pick me up form places. All of my friends have their own cars except me. As soon as I find a job, it will be difficult to get a ride to go work my shifts because I don't have my own car. Therefore, my parents should buy me my own car.

This argument is pretty good except for the sentence, "My friends always have to give me rides when we hang out," because the argument will be better without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment