Thursday, November 11, 2010

Difficult to understand

The most difficult reasoning strategy for me to understand was Reasoning by Anology. So I decided to do some internet research on this particular type of reasoning. I found out that Reasoning by Analogy is a form of inductive reasoning. According to the website that I found, it said that "A is like B" or "X is similar to Y." I also found out that Reasoning by analogy tries to find similar and not so similar characteristics of one thing. For instance is "Is brown hair similar to blond hair and is blond hair similar to red hair." In this statement we can use Reasoning by Anology. When you use reasoning by anology, the similar characteristics of all these subjects that it is all human hair. Red, brown, or blond hair can either be curly, straight, frizzy, smooth, long short, medium-lenght, or even wavy. But all these subjects are different in their color. Red, brown, or blond hair can vary in different shades of colors as well. Like dark-brown or light brown.
quotes from :http://www4.samford.edu/schools/netlaw/dh2/logic/analogy.htm

1 comment:

  1. I thought your post was a very easy read and made the concept a lot clearer. At first, I too found reasoning by analogy difficult to understand. But then when I did more research on it outside of the book and the website blog link I understood it a lot better. I thought that your blog post also helped me to better understand this concept and apply it to your examples with more knowledge. I also thought that your link that you posted was really easy to understand and gave good examples. Thanks for posting the link I think it really helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete